Wednesday, August 29, 2007

 

Check this shit OUT

Sooooo...I got an e-mail from a woman who is the acquisitions editor at National Lampoon. I gave her a call; they're looking for writers to pitch comedy books. I called today, pitched a book based on my historic IMs, and she's sending me a template for a book proposal because she's actually moving on to another job next week.

Bottom line: There's a chance I may have a book underwritten by National Lampoon. Or I'll get rejected. Either way, I'm going to start making people call me Van Wilder at all times.

Comments:
Awesome, Chris! That sounds like a pretty sweet opportunity! I wouldn't limit yourself to one pitch, either, since you actually have a line in and the correct proposal info. Think up 1 or 2 more and then go for it, just in case the IM doesn't catch them.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?