Sunday, June 03, 2007

 

Fun Story

Not really an update on life, but a fun story I heard, to let you all know I'm still alive, even if posting infrequently:

So me and some some of my friends are watching the Sox game last night (hate the lack of Phillies here), and as you could be aware, Kevin Youkilis had a 22 game hitting streak going. My housemate Conor has loved Youkilis since his first major league game, so we find ourselves discussing him quite a bit.

One of the guys watching tells this story. He had a few female friends who went to a Sox game a year ago, one of whom knew the kind of car Youkilis drove. So they waited around after the game to try and meet him, and when they gave up they passed his car. So the one girl left him a note with her number.

While they're driving home, they get a call: "Hello?"

"Hi, who is this?"

"This is Girly Von Noname, who is this?"

"This is Kevin Youkilis, you left me a note with your number."

They didn't believe him until he gave the note detail. So they chatted a little bit, and he asks them what they're doing, or if they want to party. They are psyched, but then he asks, "How old are you girls?"

"Seventeen."

"Aw, that's too bad. I can't get involved in that." And hangs up.

The hero worship of Youkilis only grew from there. Not for me, though. Chase Utley still rules my world, if not my fantasy team. Speaking of which, how can I be so dominant in one league, and so bad in another?! How is that possible?!

Speaking of which (x2), I still owe you money for the season, Chris, right?

Comments:
I work with a female sox fan that's going to love/hate that story.

Also, let us not speak of fantasy baseball. I am emulating the Washington Nationals in performance.
 
Yes, Mark, you do still owe me money. I've been collecting in nightmares I'm giving your little brothers with crank calls. If you want them to stop, pay me.
 
WHat was Youkilis afraid of, being awesome?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?