Monday, May 28, 2007

 

Yet Another Update

Hey everyone -- so I just got in from a week in Cape Cod with my family, which was really nice, and it seems like everyone has left a message (which is even better!). I feel like I should probably be the guy to grind the party to a halt, so here goes.

I guess the biggest news is that Laurie and I have split up -- I think both of us have been unhappy for a long time; me because I was planning on Laurie moving in with me after a year or two living about an hour apart, and her because I guess her plans changed.

I might sound a little bitter, but that'll fade in the coming months I'm sure, as otherwise life is pretty good. Work is still going really well and I think I'm going to be apartment hunting for the fall, so I'm looking forward to a change of venue. My mom's been on this really successful diet and lost like 90 pounds in the past year, so I'm really happy for her. My dad is kicking my butt in fantasy baseball, so I'm begrudingly happy for him. My brother and sister are both doing well, and I'm still taking photos and trying to figure out just where life is going to take me.

I want to echo Chris' sentiments and say how much I miss all of you -- life after college has its rewards and challenges, but i still think of you all as my second family. If you didn't catch it in Erik's message, I think he's willing to let us trash his beautiful new house later this summer, and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Comments:
...wha...?


i'm here for you buddy.

by here i mean in Japan and available to talk via skype for the next week.
 
Heh...I was going to stop all the fun talk with some ranting earlier, but decided not to. I'm sorry to hear about the problems, but the impact will lessen with time.

I want to hear more about your trip out east. Sorry I couldn't get you any good places to go...I haven't seen Misch in days to ask for her Bostonian opinions, and everyone has left Amherst for the summer.

I'll throw a third onto the "miss everyone" train. It's been very hard the past couple weeks. Possibly more to come on that if I feel up to posting a real update.

I hope to get down to see Erik's house and possibly even Steph sometime this summer!
 
I'll put some more cape cod info up as soon as I have all of the photos developed. It was a fun trip, and helped take my mind off things for a little while.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?