Friday, January 12, 2007

 

A New Post to Shock and Thrill You

SO, my friends, somewhat quiet this week so I'm taking a very special piece of my lunch hour to talk to you about a film I enjoyed recently. It's called Children of Men, and it's very cool. It features a futuristic plot where all women are barren and, in turn, civilization begins to collapse. Laughs a minute! In all seriousness, it is a very excellent film, directed by the dude who did Harry Potter 3, my most favorite of the Potters (because it features time travel by replacing the flux capacitor with an hourglass and special magiks).

I took Laurie to see it by promising that Will Ferrel makes a cameo appearance, which is entirely untrue but it did get her into the theater.

Also -- very excited for the Eagles game this weekend -- I will actually be watching the game with others, rather than typing WOOOO very often with Strulson on instant messanger (not that I didn't enjoy it...in fact, I think we bonded a little.)

This concludes my message -- until next post, may the surprisingly warm winds of January warm your hearts and ruin your local ski lodge economy.

Comments:
I saw CoM the other day...it was entertaining enough, but I was the wet blanket of the group who didn't enjoy it enough. I think I like more exposition during a movie like that. I also hate when I point out things I didn't like, and the only responce I can be given is, "Suspension of disbelief, Mark."

I'd recommend it overall, though, I'm just nitpicky.
 
I'm a big fan of long tracking shots because I find them technically impressive, and this movie has some amazing examples.

I didn't find the concept to hard to believe, but that's just me. Laurie was less enthusiastic about it, so you're not alone. I kinda liked how it just jumped into the situation -- it let's you paint the rest of the picture yourself.
 
The next movie you guys should watch is Grandma's Boy....another movie you need to "suspend disbelief". Me and Matlack def watched like 3 times back to back to back, just like Utley, Howard, and whatever scrub we get to replace Burrell.

Since Jake is dissing me on sat night ( which if the Eagles lose its totally ur fault) anyone else want to wooo for the game?
 
I will text a wooo to you at first opportunity to avoid any possible jinxes.

Sounds like a kids' book "Strulson
Hears A Woo"

I'm gonna go write it...just as soon as I finish watching Grandma's Boy.
 
Haha. I want to see CoW, but I wish it were called Mad About Dem Children of War, so we could shorten it to MaD CoW. I just got back from Atlantic City where I ost $200 playing poker on a bullshit hand after playing very tightly for 2 hours. Boo.

Go Birds!
 
I've been waiting for this movie to come out for months! (Children of Men, not that grandma one). I'm glad to hear some of you enjoyed it.
I too will be watching the Eagles ... I loved the game last week.
 
ok so what is Children of Men?
\
 
It's a movie where a giant shake, french fries, and ball of meat end up making love in a deep fryer.

In all seriousness, I thought it was very good. Liked the political commentary w/ all the "homeland security," torture, etc allusions. And I just like Clive Owen period.

My boyfriend and I did comment that in all these movies, it seems the british are always the only ones left when the rest of the world is damned (ie v for vendetta too), but hey that's cool.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?