Wednesday, October 18, 2006

 

I'm pregnant

HAHAH!! Just kidding, wanted to get your attention. Hey everyone! I apologize for not getting on here sooner to talk, but circumstances beyond my control have made it near impossible for me to have much of a life at the moment. It's not that I don't want to talk to everyone, I just haven't had much time. My parents don't even think I exist any more. I get a guilt trip when I call every three weeks. You may ask what I've been up to lately. So here it is in a nutshell:
I'm still teaching...6 subjects this year in 8th grade. Boy do I have some strange students. I have one kid that likes to perch on his desk. That's right I said perch. He is also stuck in some sort of time warp, or at least I think he is, because he is obsessed with Super Mario Brothers. In order to get him to do any work I have to draw mystery boxes on his worksheets for him to find. He wears botton up shirts as if they were capes and, always talks about getting his white gloves and racoon tail. What a bird brain!
I'm coaching field hockey again. My girls are doing really well. Check out their web page at www.mrbayne.net/fh. Ryan made the web page for me, because I have no idea how to do any of that stuff. Right now my girls are 5-2, not too bad for a team of relatively new players. Today some girl got wacked int he face with a stick. Unfortunately she has braces and her mouth gaurd fell out. Luckily I'm not too bad with blood. She had this metal stick in her mouth and it went clean through her lip!!! GROSS!
I'm taking two graduate courses. Not much to say there, except that eats up all my free time.
Some government scam stole $500.00 from me before I could close my bank account.
My brand new lap top's screen is broken, from what I don't know. The lap top was $800, but the company is claiming that to fix the screen it will cost me $650. Does that make any sense to you?
I have two students this year that are in a gang and are starting fights right and left at school. Yesterday while trying to stop a fight from happening, I almost got punched in the face. Luckily nothing to serious has come about from the gang...but trouble is brewing, and staff and students are very uneasy.
Anyways I just wanted to let you guys know I'm still out here. Practice ended early today so I got some free time. I hope to see you all at homecoming at some point on Saturday. Unfortunately that will be the only day that I can make it up there. See you all then.

Comments:
Wow, pretty much all of the excitement in your message outpaces my entire year down here. Glad you're keeping it all together somehow! Can't wait to see you -- are you going to join us for the Oktoberfest food?
 
I'm more amused that Lexi P's favorite food is "peanut."

I picture her eating a single peanut before each game.

Devon B: "Hey! Coach Laura ordered all our favorite food for the game! I got pizza!"

Emma M: "I got mashed potatoes!"

Lexi P: "I got peanut."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?