Wednesday, September 13, 2006

 

Philosophical Question of Manhood

So I'm playing shortstop in an intramural softball game and a guy hits a line drive to center. I cover 2nd and the centerfielder makes a nice throw.

I catch the ball and move for the tag, expecting the guy to run straight at me and not slide, as this is intramural softball and, I assumed, not that competitive.

Instead he aggressively slides and I do my best to get my glove down in time. He gets a bit underneath but I still make the tag.

Question:

Should I feel macho for making the play, or guilty for failing to block the base like every coach has taught me since 1st grade?

Bonus fictional fact: The guy in question was actually a 45-year-old woman.

Comments:
You should feel Gaucho... walk around the base in a half crouch, twirling your cigar, raising your bushy eybrows and saying "well well well, looks like the the fat kid that was out in dogeball grew up and learend to play softball. Sorry chum... same results." To wich the first baseman, Harpo, would add... "HONK HONK."
 
woah.. i posted that last one 14 min after chris!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?