Saturday, September 02, 2006

 

Got a chance!

Yeah, it seems every time I go to post here, something stops me. Well, here I am!

I am heading back to school today (Saturday). Should be there by 5, but then have to get all my moving done. That'll take a few days. As most of you know, I'll be moving into a house shared by about 9 other people, most of them involved with the improv/sketch troupes at Umass. So I don't anticipate moving to get accomplished quickly at all.

Couple that with the fact that I have to come home the following weekend, Thursday to Sunday. The day after classes start, I'll be leaving for home again! Which was practically unheard of at Etown; I never left. But I got LASIK Laser Eye Surgery done yesterday (part of why I didn't post was I couldn't wear contacts for a week, so sight was difficult), and I have to come home for a one week checkup.

I'm surprised you heard about ImprovEverywhere, Craig, I didn't realize they were that big. I have a friend who knows some of the guys involved (he is from NYC), and he always talked about them. Did you see their Best Buy stunt, where they all dressed just like workers? Apparently they caused quite the commotion among the Suits, because cops were called and all kinds of problems arose. Should be on their website, if you can check them out.

As for the video of Dave, you'd have to put the video onto YouTube or something to post it on the blog...at least, that's what Chris and Jake have always done when they post videos; used YouTube. You could always post the link if you saw it online, I guess.

My friend Danielle Barus, who went to my high school, started her freshman year at Etown, with a strong desire to join Mad Cow. After seeing them perform at Orientation, she sent me a message which said, "...I saw Mad Cow and they were AMAZING I want to join them soooooooo bad." I just think that's pretty cool.

Oh, and Jake, I invited my entire Facebook list to the group (and Danielle Barus joined AND you gave her an officer title - and you don't even know her!). I also sent an email to all of Student Valley Productions (Mission: Improvable, IWA, and Sketch 22) at Umass, asking them to help a fellow improv-er out and vote you up every day they can until the 6th. Hopefully most of them will; I'll let you know if I hear any comments from anyone. Congrats on making it to the top 5...the video was really good (definitely my favorite out of the 5, but I'm a sucker for candy personification).

Important News, if you kept reading this far: about 2 weeks ago I got a new cell phone, and with it a new number. Is posting it on here secure? Regardless, you can check out my Facebook profile for the new number. I think everyone who reads this can get it. My old one is out of service, so use the new number. Texts and phone calls are A-OK.

Which I hope to be receiving during Homecoming weekend! Which I will be at, hopefully Thursday night to Sunday afternoon. With my greatly reduced rent, I should be able to rent a car/train to get me there.

I think that's everything I could say for now, though I'll probably be able to post a lot more now that I'm returning to school, where I'll have the internet and more free time.

Comments:
you can rent a train?


I was just crusing the internet at light speed and saw the Home Depot thing... So i followed the links back to the website. The best buy thing was awesome too. But the home depot thing was downright hilarious.


my little code to post this comment is urwaqnf

u r wackn off?
 
Thanks for the help, mark! Really hope you can make to homecoming, buddy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?