Friday, August 11, 2006

 

Want to feel like a kid again

I recently re-descovered what it was like to be in total awe of something. I want to share it with you because having your mind blown away by a simple picture is a perspective rarely experienced. I used to go to this website often so i know Jake has seen it. Maybe everybody has seen it. But look again.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

I spent a few hours on this last night looking at pictures and reading the short captions. If you want to feel insignificant search for the "Hubble Ultra Deep Field" or just "deep field." You gain appritiation of how small you are in the universe. If you believe in God or not, there is evidence for both arguments in these pictures.

Check out the Archive and let me know if you find something cool... and check out the picture for your birthday. My pic is a pretty cool shot of the clouds on Jupiter.

Thats three posts in a row for me... sorry i am hogging all the bandwith.

Comments:
The photo from my birthday is of the pac man nebula. Double nerd points!
 
that is the only nebula in the galaxy where you try to leave one side and are automatically transported to the opposite side. And fruit spontaneously grows at its center
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?