Thursday, August 10, 2006

 

I am kind of an alcoholic

I wish i was an Alchemist.. that would be fun, i take your junk and turn it into gold. Merlin was one, and they also make good villians for kids cartoons like Ducktails, or Tailspin (which i would still watch today, if they were on). Maybe i could make a lil profit in the deal too.
However, this week i have turned ito an alcoholic. I have gone out everyday since last thursday and gotten drunk, and I have to go out for atleast the next three nights. The strange thing is, if i did this in America, i would be destroyed by stomach aches and fear of stomach aches (which then lead to stomach aches). But in Japan i am not just ok... but i am good at it. Everywhere I go i will meet someone or someones new and they will take me out the next night. I take part in all of the drunken shinanigans that the japanese respect (karaoke, arm wrestling, chuging fruity drinks). In America i am a weak drinker, in Japan i am outlasting seasoned drinkers. Just imagine the possibilites if drinkers like Strulson and Chris came out, i am not saying they are particularly strong drinkers, but i think the costumes would be a big hit. Mark might even be able to outlast someone. ... might.
They make the drinks pretty weak here but it gets the job done. If you want a super happy drunkness, drink Sake. The beer is more crisp, mostly due to the fact that it is a small country so the beer is usually fresh and not packaged so it can be shipped and stored for long times. One of my favorite liquors is a green tea liquor. I will bring some back to try. I also had my friend import some captain morgan and introduced captain and ginger to Japan... it is a big hit, and it is called the Craig.
So far my teaching hasn't been effected, it might even be better. The guilt i have from going out on a work night is compensated by a strongly prepared lesson.
Tonight i am not staying out long but i met some guys from Tokyo and i want to hang out with them before they head back, they said if i go to Tokyo i should call them and they will take me to this super famous... super expensive bar. Like Cyote Ugly, but with out the cheasy, trite story line.

This posts sucks... maybe i should drink while i blog.

Kampai! (cheers)

Comments:
favorite line: "The call it a Craig"

Perhaps you should introduce them to everclear
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?