Thursday, July 13, 2006

 

So what you're saying is, it needs more pepper?

I just wrote and email to Steph and Erik/Kate, or EriKate, or KatErik, or whatever. I mentioned that Laurie has been steadily dropping hints about getting hitched, as much as she might protest when she reads this post. Let me provide an example:

Her engagement hints that are getting progressively more obvious. Just yesterday she cooked a jewelry catalogue into my chicken dinner. Like stuffed it right in there. I was midway through as drumstick when I pulled an order form out of my mouth. She just sat there smiling, and then said "Guess it needs more carrots."

I was like "Don't you mean carats?" And she just laughed. Then she told me we should get married. See what I mean? OBVIOUS!


So I guess I should probably ask her parents permission before I do anything, and knowing them, it'll probably boil down to a "feats of strength" test.

Mr. Cassel: Jake, I knew this day would come. To prove yourself worthy of mine daughter, you must...SLAY THE HYDRA!

Me: That's not a Hydra. It's a shopvac.

Mr. Cassel: Then explain it's many heads!

Me: Those are attachments.

Mr. Cassel: Then...well...you must use the hydra to CLEAN MY GUTTERS!

Me: That's it? Clean your gutters and I can propose to Laurie?

Mr. Cassel: That's it. Oh, and have your parents send over some downy.

Me: You mean a dowry?

Mr. Cassel: No, I mean downy, for my shirt is stiff and uncomfortable. Chaffing may occur, AND SOON.

So I'm not too worried about that part. Unless he reads this post. Then I'm screwed. But what are the odds Mr. Cassel will google "Jake engagement hydra shopvac"?

Later...

Mr. Cassel: BEHOLD. My google search has found 123,003,000 results!

Comments:
When did Lauries Dad turn into Lur of omicrei persei 8?
 
Good call -- I couldn't figure out who i was channeling on that one, but you nailed it. he's actually quite the opposite.

also, bonus points for remembering/spelling omicrei persei 8
 
been watching the DVD's recently
 
I watched the one with Seymour on repeat the other night and cried into my pillow. I really want a dog that can sing walkin' on sunshine.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?