Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 

Photo work

Since I started taking pictures every week this year, I've had a lot of images I'm personally proud of, but not too many that have recieved praise from my online buddies on flickr, my photo sharing site.

Until this week. I was at home for a family reunion and my mom suggested we wake up early to check out a balloon launch at a nearby county park. The planets must have been aligned or something because I agreed. Near the end of the launch, one balloon in particular was having a bit of trouble getting off the ground, so I snuck underneath and grabbed this shot:

basket case

Hope you guys like it. Oh, and I know we're all manly men and all that, but in all seriousness, if anyone wants a print of any of my photos, just let me know the size, etc and I'll find a good deal. It benefits me to to do it because otherwise I never really print my work, so I love to see them actually put on paper.

Comments:
Coolness! I can just bring it to the beach, unless you're in a hurry. How big are you thinking? Computer monitor sized (around 8x10)?
 
Good question -- the 30th of July (I think?) We should start a new topic for that one, I guess.
 
The balloon photo is awesome. The guy who said "could be vivid" gave it a 10/10, though, Chris.

I honestly forget Flickr even exists. I'll take a closer look, Jakey, and let you know if there's something I'd like. I'm moving into a house in a few weeks, so some great photos would be good things to have up so I can brag and say "Yeah, I know that guy."

Unless you only have garbage. Then I'll deny all knowledge of you.

And I made a joke I really like in 173 below, if anyone is reading this but didn't continue down that far.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?