Wednesday, June 14, 2006

 

the apimpment in 1000 words

As part of the many things they make you do once you get a teaching job but before you actually are getting paid, this week I began something called the "New Jersey Writing Project of Texas" today. Yes, that's two states in one name. Luckily I like both, though I like New Jersey better I believe.
Anyway, it's a three-week all-day course where basically they teach you what they think are revolutionary teaching and writing process techniques, but are really just more of what I already learned in college.
I do, however, get to write A LOT. I have started about 10 pieces just in the last three days, only a few of which I'll even attempt to polish, but today I began one on Apt 255. I have a lot of work to do on it, but we were told to make a floor plan of a place special to us and I have no idea why, but I thought about the apimpment since I spent a year living there and the year before pretending I was cool enough to live there. Then in each room we were supposed to jot down memories. I had so many for the apimp/whorement that I just knew I had to turn it into something.
It will probably turn into some memoir where I say it's all true but then I go back on Oprah to say I didn't exactly have 29 wild passionate nights with any of the apt inhabitants (just that one crazy drunken time with Leanne).
Perhaps if it's halfway decent or if I do anythign with it, I'll post it or send you all a copy.

Comments:
I'm not drunk, but I miss you, and you SHOULD post it.

And if you want to keep up the charade about the 29 passionate nights, I won't contradict you.
 
I can't see you ever finishing this project, Steph. The wall of accomplishments alone will take roughly three lifetime's to convert into words.
 
let's hear it for unnecessary apostrophe's!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?