Friday, April 07, 2006

 

On baseball

So my dad and I are the only real Phillies fans in my family. Jesse hasn't really caught the fever yet and my mom and sister can't even remember my favorite player that I saw hit the cycle in person (Greg Jefferies), so they don't count.

So anyway, my dad has this Frankenstein of a radio hooked up in the garage and we listen to games out there when I'm home. This is technically father-son bonding time but we never call it that because that would not be macho. But now that I moved down south and have to watch the Phils on the computer, life isn't quite the same. Watching baseball on yahoo is like making out with a JC Penny mannequin. Sure, it's the right shape, but everytime you make a move you get splinters in your gnards. It's exactly like internet baseball.

For example, how can I take my hat off and beg for a hit on a 2-2 count while watching at the computer? My coworkers (all girls) think I'm asking for money.

Plus, I'll minimize the window for a couple minutes to do some work and when I check back St. Louis has scored 4 runs, the pitcher changed and the Phanatic has lit a crippled toddler on fire. It's just not the same as watching on tv.

I guess I could watch the Nationals, but that's like making out with a mannequin (double analogy score!).

Comments:
Are you signed up for the mlb.com tv thing?, cause that works out fairly nicely and is also not too expensive. I am def getting that when I move out to the Lou.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?