Monday, April 03, 2006

 

My Weekend

As I mentioned in my previous post I was in St.Loius this weekend visiting Washington University of St.Louis (WUSTL). SInce this is the only school I got into there was a good chance I was going there, but they always fly prospective students down and wine and dine you all weekend, so I planned to take full advantage. The first night we are there they take us out to a bar where they have the whole 2nd floor reserved for us complete with buffet style food, pool tables, and open bar. Now I know you guys are thinking to yourselves what could be cooler than a room full of drunken chemists? Suffice it to say I had quite a few drinks, and I tend to get a)talkative and b) more vulgar when I get drunk (which I am sure you guys know). Well I guess the vulgarity was unaccustommed for some of the students cause I def got a few odd looks, but I was drunk so i didnt care. Other than that the night was fairly uneventful. The next night we had dinner at the chair of the departments house, again there was plenty of alcohol and food. During this I was just kinda chillen and drinking and watching some crappy NCAA basketball. During the game 3 girls came and sat down by me, and so I started to talk to them for a bit. I found out the one was the daughter of the Chair, and she was a senior at WUSTL. Her and one of her friends, she had 2 there that were both undergrads, went to go play ping pong, and as they left I made a joke about playing beer pong instead. Well they took me seriously, so here I am playing beer pong with these 3 undergrad girls while proffesors are walking around and giving us weird looks. Turns out we played a little too long, because when I went to go see where the other prospective students were, they were all gone. SO I had to get a ride back with the 3 undergrad girls ( I guess there are worse punishments). Overall not how I was hoping to make a first impression, but I had a good time, and did meet some cool people. Also it does look like I will be moving out there in the middle of August, so I want to be able to see everyone before I leave ( just to keep it in mind). Well this has been too long already so Go Phils!

Comments:
I'm up for suggestions in May. Also, I smell a Strulson roadtrip coming. No, really, I smell it. It's a combo of old sneakers, testosterone and spilled Frostys.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?