Saturday, April 29, 2006

 

I'm a nerd and you don't care!

But I'm posting anyway...

How many of you have heard of Captain Marvel, Earth's Mightiest Mortal? I know Simpson's and Family Guy have referenced him...he's a little kid named Billy, granted powers by the wizard Shazam, so that whenever Billy speak's his name, he will be transformed into Captain Marvel, a ridiculously powerful being. In Family Guy, Peter yells "SHAZAM!" at the end of sex with Lois. Anyway....

I play this card game (like Magic), based on comic book superheroes called Vs. It's both Marvel and DC, so it's a lot of fun.

The newest set had a prerelease today (I couldn't attend though), with a set based on Infinite Crisis. Captain Marvel has a card. When you see his stats, he's extremely weak, as weak as Mary Jane's card.

But wait! You can make him more powerful than other characters! How? By actually saying "SHAZAM!" Doing so will temporarily increase his stats.

That's the coolest thing I've ever heard (and goes to show you all just how sad my life is!).

SHAZAM!

Comments:
And to make this slightly less nerdy...


Houston picked Mario Williams?? I would never have expected that, even with all the talk about it, I was shocked to see that.
 
I ama big Captain Marvel fan, actually. He's my little profile pic on my photo site.

NERD ON
 
Man you all, my boyfriend would be happy to know I even read this blog let alone comment on it, if the subject has to do with a game about DC and Marvel and/or Captain Marvel.
Yes, as always, I am in love with the nerds, guys.
 
She said love! If you love him so much, why don't you maaaaaarry him?
 
I think I actually own a Shazam comic book ( i just want to fit in here). Also getting back to what Chris said I can believe it I mean Houston aready has a versatile back in Domanick Davis, so draft what you need......and I think the eagles had a pretty good draft despite not getting Javon Walker.
 
Jake's right Steph dropped the L-Bomb. Story! Story! Story!

So is this comic an adaptation of the screenplay, Shazam featuring Mr. Shaquille O'Neil?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?