Monday, April 03, 2006

 

A beautiful Start to a season

So as the baseball season begins anew once again, I find myself filled with optimism. This optimism is in 2 parts; 1) The Phillies 2) Fantasy. Well I got back on Sunday (I was in St.Louis this weekend, but more on that later), and proceeded to look at phillies.com just to find maybe one of the worst offseason moves the phillies have pulled, trading Robinson Tejeda for David Delucci. I dont get it......I mean why trade a young pitcher with tons of potential for an aging back up outfielder? Just goes to show that Pat Gillick is truly Canadian. Also last night the Indians vs. White Sox game was on, which I decided to watch for a bit. Now I didnt realize it at first but the pitcher for the Indians, C.C. Sabathia, is on my fantasy team (one of my better picks I thought), and he was pitching quite well for 2 innings so I was quite happy with myself, that is until in the 3rd inning he was taken out with some sort of injury. So that is the start of my baseball season, I hope everyone else has had a better Opening Day experience ( I also feel that Opening Day should be a national holiday since baseball is our national past time).........Go Phils!!!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?