Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

At the White House

So I volunteered this past Monday to help out with the White House Egg Roll -- it's this big Easter event on the front lawn of the White House where families wait in line for tickets, then dress their kids up in tiny suits and dresses so they can get all muddy within 15 feet of the First Lady. What a thrill!

It rained like crazy, so I can't say I had an amazing time helping out, but it was interesting to be behind the gates briefly. Mostly I felt like a famous Washington intern -- going to the White House for an hour just to get wet.

The sheer number of costumed characters at this event is mind-boggling. I think I saw everything from the Ice Age characters to Dora the freakin' Explorer. It's a bit surreal.

I put some pictures up on flickr, if you're into that sort of thing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?