Wednesday, February 22, 2006

 

This has been birthday week for so many people.

I just find it ridiculous how many birthdays are in February. One last Friday, one Monday, one Tuesday, one Wednesday (Ally's, actually, you guys remember her). Another is next Monday. Luckily I'm too cheap and broke to have to buy presents.

So Student Valley Productions (which is the three Umass comedy groups) does this thing in March called the Improv-a-thon. 12 hours, noon to midnight, of Improv comedy. I am dying to see it, it promises to be a ridiculous event.

*RANDOM INTERJECTION* I'm watching the news, and this high school girl said "It was a wicked good season." Boston slang exists! "Tawmy, please tell me you gawt that on tape!" (SNL skit, anyone?)

Sketch 22 has a show a week from Friday...I wrote a sketch that's nothing but me causing chaos in an office to the tune of this little ditty: gmanwonderful.ytmnd.com

I thought it was going to be a terrible flop within the group, but they really like it. Since it's only a 45 second sketch, I may likely be able to post a video clip of it, should we get one of good quality.


Sorry I couldn't make it to Etown last weekend....a car or train trip down would have been extremely expensive, and since I couldn't make it home the week previous for my dad's inauguration (btw, he's a judge now!), which disappointed my parents, I felt that I shouldn't ask them to come home and take their car. Hopefully I can make it down for another event soon, though.


And if you guys haven't tried them...Golden Oreos are delicious.

Comments:
Even though you didn't make it down, your spirit was alive and hitting on freshman the entire weekend. I'd love to see the sketch if you get it recorded -- the song is funny.
 
Golden sombrero! Awesome. Now that's a comedy group name.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?