Tuesday, February 07, 2006

 

Nerds DO talk about sports!

First off, I feel for you Jake. I can only sleep in on Fridays. But knowing your struggles, I'm hitting snooze twice every other morning. Once for me, and once for my homies (that's you!).

I don't profess to know any more about sports than what I learned in Chris' highly informative link earlier (I had no idea sports could be so much fun!), but in a certain internet forum I frequent every 30 minutes, a little arguement arose.

Namely, that the referees at the Super Bowl were the worst ever. I agreed, and while watching I was definitely upset by a few things (I don't think Big Ben crossed the goal line on his scrambled-for touchdown, and I think the Offensive Pass Intereference call was baloney), but I'm hardly an authority.

Did any of you guys feel that the officiating of the Super Bowl was completely awful?

Comments:
Sleeping in?......psh, I am at the gym by 6am mofo's, beat that. And the referees were terrible, but ABC didnt say anything cause they wanted Pitt to win, I mean just look at those segments with the Lombardi Trophy, there were like 8 Steelers and 1 Seahawks player/coaches. That is BS if I ever saw it. But whatever Next year the Eagles fly high again!!!!!!
 
The gym at six in the morning? I assumed your muscles were attained from some sort of previous arrangement with the devil.

And yeah, so the superbowl sucked, but worse than the officiating was Jeremy Stevens' hands. He must have been cursed by my fantasy team.

But the Randel El pass to Ward was pretty sweet.
 
I think that recent weeks should convince the NFL to move to the college replay review system. It's much more fair and keeps the networks from running a commercial break every time a flag is tossed.

If I hadn't been rooting for the steelers, I'd have been pissy I suppose. The Indy game definetly bothered me, so I can't act like I didn't see it on Sunday.

(But the blocking for Willie Parker's TD was amazing, and Seattle didn't exactly play well enough to make me begrudge the refs.)
 
I beg to differ with you Jake, I think if some of those calls werent made, like say the offensive pass interference, I believe its a much different game and that Seattle had been playing better than Pittsburgh for most the game. So poo on you.
 
You got a point, Strulsy, but I was dissapointed with Seattle's recievers overall. I had most of those guy on my fantasy team and I expected bigger play out of jurevicious, engram, stevens, etc.

The offensive pass interference really was a huge call, though, that's for sure.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?