Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

Kiss Me

Well Chris IMed me the other night to remind me that I "suspiciously" did not contribute to the First Kiss stories. Well, my friends I wasn't avoiding the topic or you on purpose - things have been crazy around here with the opening of the expo center and all. I haven't had a day off in weeks. (Just ask Jake) But I have plenty of stories for you from that (but that will come at a later date). I am first going to squeeze in a quick kissing tale before my day begins. Hopefully I can get through this without being interrupted for once - unlike a typical day at work.

My first kiss was way back in the 1980's - more towards 1986 to be more specific. After kindergarten I would go to a friend of my mom's for daycare that she ran through her house. Actually she had 5 kids herself (4 rotten boys & one girl) so I think she said she had a daycare liscense to get a tax break for having so many kids. Anyways...her one son, Spencer was my age & was the devil, although I liked him. He would beat me up & then would protect me from the bully on the school bus. (I didn't really get that). But we would play "house" in these HUGE computer boxes that his parents had in the basement. We would construct the biggest, baddest house with multiple rooms and levels - while watching Ghostbusters. Now just to put it in perspective - even though we were small children and the boxes would seem big compared to us - those computers back in the day were GINORMOUS! So our house really was a mansion. Anywho - his little brother & my sister were the same age & they were our "children" and we would boss them around. It was great! Of course we would pretend to go to sleep at night & we sent the "kids" to bed & then we would go to "sleep." But just before going to sleep we would give each other a kiss. I specifically remember one time asking him if we should kiss like "adults" do (kinda like on the soap operas we used to watch with his mom during those long days at daycare). Who needs PBS programming when you have Days of Our Lives for a 5 year old?! Anyways, the one time I was trying to be a little player and Spencer said no - so we gave each other a peck on the lips & went to sleep. Years later I realized he said no because he totally didn't know how to kiss like those on Guiding Light.

So that's my first kiss story and to follow up on my relationship with Spencer over the years - he continued to protect me from the bullies through elementary school & junior high. But by the time we reached high school he failed a couple grades & was suspended often from school. I think he's in jail now - no lie. If only he would have me kissed like adults do. I could have changed his life. ;)

Comments:
Sounds like you still have the hots for him.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?