Wednesday, December 07, 2005

 

Gossip Rules the School

I don't know about any of you but I've come to find that as you get older and become established in a job the gossip mill tends to work over time. Here's the situation I'm in right now. We lost our math teacher and have been desperately trying to fill the position for quite some time now. My principal recently hired someone fresh out of college and introduced me to him last week. They threw him into the mix right off the bat and had him chaperone our field trip. Being the nice, friendly person I am, I decided to engage in some small talk and introduce him to the other members of our team. While on the bus my students decided, since I was talking to the new teacher that I must be flirting with him and began to chant "Ms. Williams is in loooove with the new math teacher" . Apparently as soon as we got back to the school this rumor had spread so fast that I had emails from other teachers in the building warning me about my conduct as a professional! I was stopped by two teachers in the hallway and asked if I was dating the new math teacher. To make matters worse my supervisor finds the situation extremely entertaining and made an announcement at the end of the day over the loud speaker to keep my hands off the tall man (he's 6'8'') until I'm out of the building! This wouldn't be so bad except I can't seem to hide my embarrassment. Every time someone says anything about the new math teacher I turn bright red.

Anyways sorry its been so long since I got on, but my computer has been under repairs.

Oh and my sister and Jenny should have sent out an evite. If you didn't get it for some reason- party at my place on the 16th. It will be a good excuse to all get together so I hope you can all come! You are more than welcome to stay the weekend if you want.

Comments:
When I was in school, I assumed all teachers dated eachother.

Guess it would make the lounge one swinging joint, eh?

Oh, and Laura, I call into question your professional conduct.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?