Thursday, November 03, 2005

 

Moving Day

I hate moving day. Why? Well mostly because I'm too lazy to actually move things myself, and I'm too weak to lift anything. So moving to Lorton last weekend was a comic event. My parents moved my sister in first and then drove to good old Fredericksburg to help me move. Now my old roommate was kind enough to help my dad move all my heavy stuff out for me, however when we drove back up to Lorton my sister and mother had disappeared. I was left to help my dad carry in my bed and mattress. The mattress took 1 hour to move up 3 flights of stairs. As we were trying to get the mattress through the front door I dropped the mattress on a 15 year old plant from Korea. Apparently this is an important plant that the woman was planning on picking up once we had moved in. It's now flattened and one side of the plant's branches are broken off. I'm still hoping she doesn't notice. (This woman believes we were destined to meet and invited us to her house for tea. Jenny and I were afraid to drink it because we had just read The Land Lady by Roald Dahl. The land lady poisons her tenants after telling them that she had been waiting for them. So this woman still scares me)
As we continued up the stairs I again lost my grip and was pinned against the wall. My dad was yelling at me to keep moving, but obviously I couldn't move since I was flatted against the wall. Now you would think that my own father would help me, but no he just laughed at me. Eventually I wiggled my way out and finally made it to my room. I think in the future when moving I will be leaving my mattress and investing in a hammock.

Comments:
I am just suprised you fit in the staircase
 
If you move out, all you have to do is put the mattress on the stairs and ride it the whole way down, hat waving in the wind. You should invite the tea lady along for the ride; then, if you're going to crash, she can forsee it happening and then you can use her as a human shield.

Congrats on the move, but Lorton is for jerks. Alexandria is totally where it's at. I kid -- this place hasn't had an open parking spot since the model T went out of production.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?