Saturday, November 12, 2005

 

Lock out

I'm still getting adjusted to living in my new place. One of the things that is different up here in Lorton is that you can only tell if the front door is locked from the outside. So if you are leaving the house you can't just check the inside you have to remember to check the outside. This may seem simple but I assure you it is not. This evening my sister went to check the mail and I went with her because I didn't know where our box is located. You have to walk half way down the street to get to it. Jenny decided to come outside for whatever reason and sit on our front step. As she was leaving the house and closing the door she said "wouldn't it be funny if the door was locked." I turned around and said "yeah hilarious". As I'm saying all this she is trying to open the door and realizes it's locked. I thought she was joking, but alas she was not. Now this wouldn't be a big deal if say...
1. I was wearing a jacket
2. Jenny was wearing shoes
3. We had a key hidden outside
4. We had a cell phone
5. We knew someone who lived closer than 20 minutes away who had a key to our house

It all worked out in the end and we got back into our place and hour and a half later.

Comments:
You know what else takes an hour and a half and is just about as exciting...Sly Stallone in the movie Lock Up.

A Strulson Classic
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?